by Donna W.
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
2 pkg (2 1/2 oz. each) thinly sliced corned beef, chopped (or 1/2 lb deli sliced)
1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss Cheese (6 oz)
3/4 cup drained sauerkraut
1/2 cup Thousand Island Dressing
Pretzel crackers or cocktail rye bread slices for serving, if desired.
1. Spray inside of a 1 to 2 1/2 qt slower cooker with cooking spray
2. Mix all ingredients except crackers, spooon into cooker
3. cover and cook on low heat setting for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until cheese is melted. Stir until cheese is smooth.
4. Scrape down side of cooker with rubber spatula to help prevent edge of spread from scorching. Turn to low heat setting.
5. Serve with crackers or bread. Spread will hold up to 4 hours.
Can be used to make open faced Reuben sandwiches that you toast.
Makes 3 1/4 cups spread.